The WebCore and all applications are fully documented with PHPDocumentor*.
- Every class, property, method and variable is marked up with JavaDoc-style tags. The documentation is in front of you as you browse the code and JavaDoc-aware editors can generate code-completion information and in-place help while you work.
- Source code is syntax-highlighted and linked with the documentation.
- All applications are documented too, so you can use them as examples.
The WebCore API is separated into lite and full versions.
Lite (public API only)
- Provides a clear picture of what the WebCore does, rather than how it does it.
- Includes only the higher-level API, leaving off implementation details, such as internal functions and classes.
Full (developer API)
- Good for developing a new application or heavily customizing an existing one.
- Includes absolutely every last little implementation detail: almost everything is documented to some degree.
- Shows you all of the aggravation the WebCore is sparing you!