Earthli is now 100% HTTPS
Published by marco on
With the help of Letsencrypt, all of earthli.com is now accessible only via HTTPS.
What does that mean?
- For your day-to-day use of the site, nothing. Any data you send to or from earthli is now hidden from prying eyes.
- All traffic is end-to-end encrypted between your browser and the earthli server. This includes your password, when you log in.
- Although almost everything on earthli is still open to the public, encryption now truly protects areas that have restricted access.
- It means your browser will show a little green or grey lock icon in the address bar next to the URL.
- If you click the lock, you can show the details for the certificate (shown below).