Convert Markdown to earthli format
Published by marco on
The earthli blogging format uses HTML-like formatting, described in the lengthy manual (with examples). However, Encodo’s blogging back-end now uses Umbraco, with Markdown for content. I used to be able to cross-post with ease, by copy/pasting. Now, I need to convert the content from Markdown to earthli formatting.
The following steps suffice to convert any article:
- If there are attached media (e.g. graphics), save those locally
- Create a new earthli article with the same title as the source article
- Attach all media to the new article
- Copy the main text; paste into Sublime Text
- Find/replace the following regular expressions with the replacements:
- Manually re-attach all media in the appropriate locations
I haven’t automated this process yet because I only rarely transfer articles.