Amish Apple Crisp
From the kitchen of Annurse (SBD forums).
South Beach Diet phase 2 approved! Serves 8.
- 1/3 Cup Splenda
- 2 T. whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 10 apples − cored, peeled and sliced
- 1 Cup Oatmeal (whole oats, not quick cook or instant!)
- 1 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Cup Nut meal (almonds, pecans, etc.)
- ½ Cup Splenda
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ cup low-fat butter, melted
Apples are increased and sugar decreased from original recipe in order to make it tarter; reverse the changes to make it sweeter.
- Mix together Splenda, ww flour, cinnamon and salt.
- Gently combine with apple slices.
- Spoon into greased 8 X 12 pan.
- Mix oatmeal, ww flour, pecan meal, Splenda, baking soda and powder.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Crumble over apple mixture.
Bake @ 375 degrees for 35 minutes. Let cool. Top with dollop of Lite Cool Whip if desired.