Marco’s Home Page
I am the designer, builder, proprietor and main contributor of this site.
- Reading. Writing. Words. Cycling. Hiking. Swimming. Camping. Philosophy. Politics. Programming. Movies. Technology
I have over 25 years of experience as a professional software developer, systems architect and technical project manager. I’m interested in high-quality solutions to tough problems. I co-founded Encodo Systems AG almost 15 years ago.
My focus has always been on generalization and DRY using metadata and common libraries. I’ve written five frameworks over the years:
- Quino (C#/.NET, 2007–present)
- MAP (Swift/Java/TypeScript, 2016–present)
- WebCore (PHP, 2000–present)
- Test Engine (C++/MFC, 1995–2001)
- Atlas2 (Delphi Pascal, 2002-2005)
This site runs on WebCore and Quino is the engine behind many Encodo products.
- Old Links (e.g. Old Man Murray, SeanBaby, SomethingAwful)