Whole Wheat Pizza Crust
From the kitchen of mizb (SBD forums).
South Beach Diet phase 2. Serves 4.
- 1 c hot water (110°F to 115°F)
- 1 pk (or 1 tablespoon) active dry yeast
- 1 tb Honey
- 1 c Whole wheat flour
- ½ ts Salt
- 1 tb Canola oil
- 1¼ To 1½ c whole wheat flour
- Combine the water, yeast, honey and the 1 cup of whole wheat flour in a large bowl.
- Beat 100 times until mixture is smooth.
- Let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Add the salt, oil and 1¼ to 1½ cups whole wheat flour.
- Mix well and let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Pat out the dough onto a baking sheet for 1 large pizza or divide the dough in half and make two medium-size pizzas.
- Top with the pizza sauce, oregano, vegetables and mozzarella.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.