Ginger-Chicken Noodle Soup
From the kitchen of Better Homes and Gardens.
Makes 6 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 2 to 3 hour (high-heat setting) + 5 minutes
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely shredded
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 14-ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces dried rice vermicelli noodles or medium noodles
- 1 6-ounce package frozen pea pods, thawed and halved diagonally
- Soy sauce
- In a 3-½- to 6-quart crockery cooker, combine chicken, carrots, sherry (if desired), the 1 tablespoon soy sauce, the vinegar, ginger, and pepper.
- Stir in chicken broth and the water.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir in noodles and pea pods.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 8 minutes more or until noodles are tender.
- Serve with additional soy sauce.