From the kitchen of Betty Crocker.
From Betty Crocker:
“The perfect recipe for an abundant apple season. After one taste, you’ll want to make it again and again.”
- 4 medium tart cooking apples, sliced (4 cups)
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- ½ cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cream or Ice cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with shortening.
- Spread apples in pan. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients except cream until well mixed; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm with cream.