Original Nestlé Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies
From the kitchen of Nestlé Toll House Best-Loved Cookies Cookbook.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (226g)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cups packed brown sugar**
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chocolate morsels
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
**Brown sugar substitutes
For light brown sugar:
Mix 1 cup granulated sugar with 2 tablespoons molasses
For dark brown sugar:
Mix 1 cup granulated sugar with 3 tablespoons molasses
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate morsels and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated 375°F (190C) oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.