Oatmeal Ginger Applesauce Cookies
From the kitchen of amber.
These moist cookies with a hint of spicy ginger taste great! You would never guess that could almost be considered good for you.
- ½ cup Smart Balance Buttery Spread (no trans fat and no cholesterol) can use butter instead
- ¼ cup Omnibalance Stevia Sweetner by Omnivite Nutrition(natural herb sweetner, no calories, no impact on blood sugar, not a chemical) can use 1 cup Sugar instead
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ cup raisin
- ½ cup chopped candied ginger
- 1 cup quick cooking or old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ¼ cup applesauce
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat stevia and smart balance until creamy.
- Stir in egg.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt , cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ground ginger and nutmeg into a separate bowl.
- Stir in oats, raisins, and candied ginger.
- Add flour mix to stevia and smart balance mix in parts alternating with applesauce. Beat the mix by hand until well blended.
- Drop dough by tablespoonful onto greased baking sheet. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 13 minutes or until done.
- Let cool on baking sheet a few minutes before transfering to wire rack to cool completely.
- Eat up because the dont last long!