Slow cooker vegetarian chili
This chili is very yummy, we had it over rice but you can also add ½ cup of couscous the last 5 or 10 mins. of cooking.
- 1-28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1-15 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1-15 oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1-15 oz. can canellini (white kidney beans) rinsed and drained
- 1-15 oz. can red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 green pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp. Chili powder
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Coriander ( I did not put in as I had none but will try next time)
- 1-2 tsp hot sauce( optional to taste)
- Salt and pepper to tast
Combine all ingredients in crockpot and cook on high 3-4 hrs. Or low 6-8 hrs.
You can also add ½ cup couscous @ 10 min. before chili is done and cook till tender. We put it over rice. Top with shredded cheese, cilantro and avocado if desired.