Sweet and Sour Sauce
From the kitchen of Diana Rattray.
Sweet and sour sauce recipe with pineapple, vinegar, garlic, mustard powder, and ketchup and brown sugar.
- 1 small can pineapple juice (or juice from a 15-¼ oz. can pineapple chunks, drained)
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (or less)
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
Mix all together and cook over medium heat until thickened. May be prepared in microwave in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave about 4-½ minutes on high or until thick, stirring every minute.