From the kitchen of Better Homes and Gardens.
Makes about 24 pieces for 8 to 10 appetizer servings.
- 2 large poblano peppers
- 2 medium sweet red peppers
- ½ of an 8-ounce tub plain cream cheese product (about ½ cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4, 7- or 8-inch flour tortillas
To roast poblano and sweet red peppers
- Halve peppers and remove stems, membranes, and seeds.
- Place peppers, cut side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a 425 degrees F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until skin is bubbly and browned.
- Wrap the peppers in the foil; let stand for 15 to 20 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Pull the skin off gently and slowly using a paring knife, cut peppers into thin strips.
- Stir together the cream cheese, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and ground red pepper.
- Spread tortillas with cream cheese mixture.
- Lay poblano and red pepper strips over cream cheese.
- Roll up tortillas.
- Wrap with clear plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate up to 6 hours.
- Unwrap and bias-slice wraps crosswise into 1-¼-inch slices.