Siesta Roll Ups
From the kitchen of Better Homes and Gardens.
Prep: 20 min.
Bake: 20 min.
Cool: 15 min.
Stand: 15 min.
Makes about 24 pieces for 8 to 10 appetizer servings.
- 2 large poblano peppers
- 2 medium sweet red peppers
- ½ of an 8-ounce tub plain cream cheese product (about ½ cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4, 7- or 8-inch flour tortillas
1. To roast poblano and sweet red peppers, halve peppers and remove stems, membranes, and seeds. Place peppers, cut side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake in a 425 degrees F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until skin is bubbly and browned. Wrap the peppers in the foil; let stand for 15 to 20 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Pull the skin off gently and slowly using a paring knife,cut peppers into thin strips.
2. Meanwhile, stir together the cream cheese, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and ground red pepper. Spread tortillas with cream cheese mixture. Lay poblano and red pepper strips over cream cheese. Roll up tortillas. Wrap with clear plastic wrap.
Refrigerate up to 6 hours.
Unwrap and bias-slice wraps crosswise into 1-¼-inch slices.