From the kitchen of TurkeyRecipes.ca.
Makes 6 servings.
- 1-½ lb (750g) ground turkey
- 1-2/3 cup (400 mL) canned diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup (175 mL) onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) basil
- ½ tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) white vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) packed brown sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp (5ml) dry mustard
- 1 tsp (5ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1-10 drops Tabasco sauce (to taste…)
- Strain tomatoes and set aside juice.
- In a bowl, mix tomatoes, turkey, onion, Worcestershire sauce, egg, salt, basil and pepper.
- Make 6 individual meatloaves (or just use a regular loaf pan).
- Spread cooking oil in a muffin tin and put in small loaves.
- Cook in oven at 425ºF (220ºC), 20 minutes.
- In a small casserole dish, mix tomato juice and other ingredients for the sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cook for 15 minutes. Remove turkey loaves, cover with sauce and serve.