Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza
From the kitchen of Ragu.
We jazzed up this basic recipe and it was hit with all members of the family.
- 1 lb ground beef (we used venison)
- 1 jar Ragu Old World Style Sauce (we used Alessi Brand)
- 1 package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and squeezed dry (we used fresh chard-sautéed with olive oil)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (we used a mix of sheep ricotta and goat cheddar)
- 1 bag refridgerated pizza dough
- Brown ground been in skillet; drain. Season with salt and pepper (we also added Chesapeake Bay Old Sauce Sauce Company’s Meat Marinade and Sauce).
- Stir in Ragu; bring to a boil. Turn into 2 quart baking dish.
- Top with broccoli, then cheese. Press dough over dish, sealing edges.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.