From the kitchen of Jayne Freeman and Deb-OR-ah.
Very moist banana bread. My favorite recipe for banana bread now. You can easily substitute some or all of the white flour for wheat flour because the bread is so moist.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (Natron)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter (113 g), softened
- 1 cup sugar (can also use brown or golden brown)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 − ½ cup sour cream (or plain yogurt, if you don’t have sour cream on hand)
- 1 cup (or more) mashed bananas (about 2-3 brown mushy ones − or more)
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 Celsius).
- Grease and flour (or use baking spray) one loaf pan (approx. 9" × 5").
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- With a hand mixer, beat the softened butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until well-combined.
- With a wooden spoon add the sour cream, bananas and walnuts, if using.
- Mix in the dry ingredients.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.