From the kitchen of a friend of Jayne Freeman.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened to room temperature (113g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (you can also use brown or golden brown)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2-3 mushy, brown ones)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175C).
- In a small bowl, stir the flour, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in the sour cream, bananas and chopped nuts.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Pour into a greased loaf (8.5"x4.5") pan.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes or until pick inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean.