Nestle Toll House Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies
From the kitchen of Nestle Toll House Best-Loved Cookies Cookbook.
Classical chocolate chip cookie with oatmeal.
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 ¼ cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in oats, morsels and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 9 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies or 12 to 13 minutes for crispy cookies.
- Let stand for 1 minute; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies.