Nestle Toll House Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies
From the kitchen of Nestle Toll House Best-Loved Cookies Cookbook.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 ¼ cups packed light brown sugar**
- 1 cup butter, softened (226g)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups chocolate morsels
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (optional)
**Brown sugar substitutes
For light brown sugar:
Mix 1 cup granulated sugar with 2 tablespoons molasses
For dark brown sugar:
Mix 1 cup granulated sugar with 3 tablespoons molasses
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat brown sugar, butter and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in oats, chocolate morsels and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated 375°F (190C) oven for 9 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies or 12 to 13 minutes for crispy cookies.
- Let stand for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.