Crock-Pot Honey-Sesame Chicken
From the kitchen of Comfort of Cooking.
- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 4 chicken breasts (2 lbs. total)
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- ½ tablespoon (or more) sesame seeds
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Place chicken in crock pot and lightly season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, garlic, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, oil and red pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or high for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board, leaving sauce. Shred chicken into bite-sized pieces; set aside.
- In a small bowl, dissolve 4 teaspoons cornstarch in 1/3 cup water; add to crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce. Cover and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes, or until slightly thickened.
Serve chicken over rice, spoon sauce over top. Sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.