Mom’s Apple Crisp
From the kitchen of Karen Van Evera.
This is the apple crisp that mom always makes. It has graham crackers in it. Yum!
- 4-6 large Granny Smith apples
- 8 graham cracker squares(2 ½) inches each
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ cup butter or margarine, melted
- Peel, core, and slice apples.
- Finely chop graham crackers.
- Combine crumbs, oats, flour and spices.
- Add butter & mix well; spoon mixture over apple slices.
- Microwave on high 12-15 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Or bake 30-35 minutes in 350 oven or until apples are tender.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.