Nestle Toll House Chewy Cocoa Brownies
From the kitchen of Nestle Toll House Best-Loved Cookies Cookbook.
Makes 2 dozen brownies.
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup baking cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Sifted powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13 × 9-inch baking pan.
- Stir together granulated sugar, butter and water in large bowl.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; stir into sugar mixture.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread into greased 13 × 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 18 to 25 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Cut into bars.