Baked Cannellini Beans with Tomatoes and Rosemary
From the kitchen of Tasting Hygee by Leela Cyd.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus extra for greasing pan
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp fine salt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 (26 oz) box or 1 (28 oz) can of diced tomato
- 3 cups cooked cannellini beans
- 2/3 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/3 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- IN large, heavy bottomed pot on medium-high heat, add butter and olive oil. Ad onions, garlic, thyme, oregano, basil and salt and cook for about 5 minutes until onions are soft and transparent. Add tomato paste and canned tomatoes and reduce heat to low. Continue to cook uncovered for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 9x13 inch baking pan with olive oil. Stir beans into tomato sauce until evenly combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cup of Parmesan and all of the mozzarella evenly over the beans. Cover in aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from over and take off foil, increase oven temperature to 500, add remaining Parmesan cheese and bake for 5 minutes more until golden and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and serve.