Chicken Coconut Curry Soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk*
- ½ tablespoon curry powder
- 1 jalapeño chili, seeded, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup freshly cooked white rice
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Lime wedges
*If coconut milk is unavailable, substitute 1 ¾ cups half-and-half mixed with ¾ teaspoon imitation coconut extract.
- Bring chicken broth, coconut milk, curry powder and chili to simmer in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken and simmer until chicken is just cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice, green onion, cilantro, rice, salt and pepper to taste, stirring to combine.
- To serve, ladle soup in bowls, passing lime wedges separately.