Easy Spicy Turkey Chili (Chowhound recipe)
From the kitchen of Chowhound.
Total Time: About 1 hr Active: 20 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, medium dice
- 1 medium yellow onion, medium dice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more as needed
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth or stock
- 2 (14-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- First, sauté ground turkey with red bell pepper, onion, and garlic.
- Add chili powder, cayenne, ground cumin, and a bit of cinnamon to provide depth and heat.
- Then stir in canned diced tomatoes and canned white beans and leave to simmer until the flavors mingle.
- Simmer for about an hour.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.