From the kitchen of M&M recipes in a magazine.
These cookies have been a Christmas favorite for many years, similar to a shortbread cookie.
We usually quadruple the recipe as it does not make a large batch.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- Finely chopped nuts
- 1 can vanilla creamy frosting or homemade
- M&M peanut candies
1. Blend butter and sugar in a bowl, stir in egg yolk and vanilla. Sift flour and salt into bowl and mix well. Chill 1 hour. Roll into 1-inch balls.
2. Dip balls into slightly beaten egg white and roll into nuts. Place 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake in moderate 350 degree oven for 5 mins. Press thumb gently in center of each cookie, bake 5 mins. more.
Gently move to cooling rack, cool completely and fill with frosting and top with peanut M&M.