Pad Thai by Mike
Serving Size: 4
- 1 pound dried rice noodles
- 16 jumbo shrimp, peeled & deveined
- peanut oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup ground peanuts
- green onions cut into 1" pieces
- bean sprouts
- Soak noodles in cold water for 30 minutes, drain.
- Heat pan, add oil & sear shrimp on all sides, hold on plate.
- Heat pan, add oil & scramble eggs until cooked through, hold
- with shrimp on plate.
- Heat oil, saute onion until tender.
- Add sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce, paprika and stock, reduce slightly.
- Add noodles and cook until liquid is absorbed.
- Add shrimp, egg & peanuts. Heat through.
- Add green onions & bean sprouts, combine well & adjust seasoning.