Asian Noodles in Satay Sauce
From the kitchen of Kath.
Serving Size: 4
This is a Weight Watchers recipe that I found, but it looks really good. However, the ‘4’ servings might be really small if you have a hungry family.
- ½ cup water
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow pea pod, fresh
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated, peeled gingerroot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 ounces fettucine
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Bring ¼ cup water to boil in a skillet.
- Add the carrots, broccoli, and mushrooms, then bring back to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the vegetables are just tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the snow peas, scallions, ginger and garlic.
- Cook uncovered, until the snow peas soften.
- Meanwhile cook the fettuccine according to package directions.
- Combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, honey and the remaining ¼ cup water in a bowl.
- Stir into the vegetables.
- Add the bell pepper and the fettuccine; toss to coat.