Sweet Potato Pecan Pie
From the kitchen of Mephit.
- 1 lb. Yams or Sweet Potatoes, cooked and peeled
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 1 (14-oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk (not evaporated)
- 1 tsp each ground cinnamon, grated orange rind, and vanilla extract
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- * Pecan Topping (recipe follows)
- 1 Graham Cracker Crust
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. With mixer, beat hot yams and butter until smooth. Add remaining ingredients, except crust and pecan topping; mix well. Pour into crust.
2. Bake 20 minutes, meanwhile, prepare pecan topping.
3. Remove pie from oven; Reduce hat to 350 degrees, spoon topping onto pie.
4. Bake 25 minutes longer or until set. Cool. Serve warm or at room temperature. Granish with orange zest twist if desired. Refridgerate left overs.
* Pecan topping: Beath together 1 egg, 2 Tbsp. each dark corn syrup and firmly packed brown sugar, 1 Tbsp melted butter and ½ tsp maple flavoring. Stir in 1 cup chopped pecans.