- 1 1/3 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup butter (not margarine)
- 225 grams baking chocolate
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups broken walnut pieces (not chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 × 13 inch pan.
- Stir flour, salt and baking powder together. Mix well. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate. Stir well.
- Add sugar.
- Beat in eggs one a time.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add premixed flour mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in walnut pieces.
- Bake in prepared pan for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Ice with chocolate frosting (see below) when completely cool.
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 100 grams baking chocolate
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups, sifted icing sugar
- about 2 tablespoons of milk, or possibly a little more
- Melt butter with baking chocolate.
- Add icing sugar. Stir.
- Stir in vanilla and enough milk to make a thick, but still spreadable icing. (Icing will harden as it cools, so work quickly.)
- Let harden before cutting into squares.
Published by unknown on
Updated by kath on