From the kitchen of Bobs Red Mill a la Amber.
A very moist, low sugar carrot cake made with whole wheat pastry flour. I made it for Sean’s Birthday and got rave reviews.
- List 1
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup OmniBalance Stevia Sweetner or ½ cup sugar
- ½ Smart Balance Buttery Spread melted, or oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon (I used 1 very large heaping tsp)
- List 2
- 1 cup Whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup chopped walneuts
- ¼ cup raisins
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- Mix first list of ingredients well.
- Then add the second list of ingredients.
- Bake at 350 in greased 8x8 or 9x9 pan until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
- To doulbe recipe, double all ingredients, bake at 350 in 9x13 pan about 50 minutes.