Nestlé Toll House Chewy Cocoa Brownies
From the kitchen of Nestlé Toll House Best-Loved Cookies Cookbook.
Makes 2 dozen brownies.
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup butter, melted (170g)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup baking cocoa
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Sifted powdered sugar (optional)
- Stir together granulated sugar, butter and water in large bowl.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; stir into sugar mixture.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread into greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 350°F (175C) oven for 18 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
- Cut into bars.