Panaeng Chicken (or beef) in red curry peanut sauce
From the kitchen of Quick and Easy Thai (liberal interpretation).
The original recipie is for beef; we have also sustituted chicken with equally delicious results.
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or cubed flank steak
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp molasses
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 wild lime leaves (if you got ‘em)
- handful of thai or italian basil leaves, plus a few sprigs for garnish
Turn crockpot on high and add coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce, molasses, peanut butter, and stir until smooth and incorportated. Add meat and lime leaves. Put lid on and cook until done (depends on crock pot, but, on high, probably about 3-4 hours). Toward end of cooking add basil leaves. Serve over brown rice.