Minty Red Papaya and Black Bean Salad
From the kitchen of Handed down from a friend of a friend.
A tropical, light salad.
- 3T fresh lime juice
- 1T fresh grated ginger
- 1t honey
- 4T olive oil
- 1t salt
- ½t ground pepper
- 2 cans canned black beans, drained
- 2 medium red papayas, peeled, seeded, and cut into ½“ cubes
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup mint, coarsely chopped
- Mix the lime juice, ginger, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the black beans, papaya and onion in a large bowl. Pour dressing over and mix gently.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes for flavors to combine.
- Add mint, toss and serve.