Easy Tortilla Soup
From the kitchen of Cookie Magazine.
Quick and delicious meal with minimal preparation and minimal clean-up.
- 4 cups chicken meat pulled from 2.5-3 lbs cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 4 oz can green chilies
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ each cumin and chili powder
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 avocado, diced
- handful of chopped cilantro
- juice from 1 lime
- Garnish with tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese, to taste
- In a soup pot, saute the garlic, onion and green chilies in olive oil for 1 minute.
- Stir in cumin and chili powder. Saute for 5 more minutes.
- Add chicken broth. Bring to boil, then reduce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken. Cook until warmed through, then remove from heat.
- Add juice from one lime, handful of chopped cilantro and diced avocado.
- Serve, topped with a handful of tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese.