Coconut Beef Curry
From the kitchen of Pamela Chester.
From CDKitchen; serves 4.
- 1 ½ pound beef round steak or lean stew beef
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons curry paste (such as Thai Red Curry Base)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups canned whole tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups well-stirred canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup sliced scallion greens
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro sprigs
- ½ cup coarsely chopped basil or Thai basil leaves
Combine flour with salt and pepper to taste and coat meat in flour mixture. Combine coconut milk with curry paste, mix thoroughly and place in bottom of crockpot with garlic, pepper, onion, chopped tomatoes.
Simmer on the low heat setting for 6-8 hours, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft and meat is cooked through. Season to taste with lime juice, and add more salt if necessary.
Sprinkle beef curry with scallions, cilantro, and basil and serve over rice.