Grilled Vietnamese Chicken Breasts
From the kitchen of Better Homes & Gardens.
- 4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound total)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 French-style rolls, split
- ¼ cup radish sprouts
- ½ cup packaged shredded broccoli (broccoli slaw mix)
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- Rinse chicken; pat dry. Combine sesame oil and crushed red pepper; brush over chicken.
- Grill chicken on the lightly greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender and no longer pink, turning once.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan, stir together sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce, oil, garlic, and 2 tablespoons water. Cook on medium-low until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently. For the last 1 minute of grilling, place split rolls on the grill rack to toast.
- To serve, place cooked chicken breasts on bottom halves of rolls; spoon on sauce and top with radish sprouts, broccoli, peanuts (if desired), and roll tops.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional facts per serving
calories: 360, total fat: 14g, saturated fat: 3g, cholesterol: 59mg, sodium: 852mg, carbohydrate: 29g, fiber: 1g, protein: 28g, vitamin A: 3%, vitamin C: 14%, calcium: 4%, iron: 14%