From the kitchen of Men’s Health Magazine.
Mexican comfort food and breakfast alternative to eggs.
- 1 ca (28 oz) whole tomatoes
- 1-2 chipotle chiles in adobo
- ½ cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces tortilla chips
- 1 ½ cup shredded chicken (rotisserie works well)
- ¼ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- ¼ cup crema or sour cream thinned out with the juice of one lime
- avocado, cubed
In a blender, combine the tomotoes with their liquid, the chipotles, and half of the cilantro, blend until almost smooth.
In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil and add half the onion. Cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minutes. Pour in the tomato puree and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat
Put chips on plate, add sauce, shredded chicken and cheese. Add crema and cilantro. top with avocado if desired. Serve immediately.