From the kitchen of Carolyn Giacalone.
For the filling:
- 6 cups peaches peeled and chopped
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
- ¼ cup apple or orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
For the topping:
- 1 cup instant oatmeal
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 oz sweet chilled butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 2 quart oven-safe dish.
- In a bowl toss peaches, cinnamon vanilla, cornstarch, apple or orange juice and lemon juice.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl toss oats, flour and sugar until combines.
- Pulse with cold butter in a food processor or cut cold butter and mix by hand until butter resembles the shape of small peas.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and topping is light brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.