Basic Muffin Mix
From the kitchen of Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook.
Makes 10 to 12 muffins.
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205C).
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the center.
- Combine egg, milk and oil; add all at once to flour mixture.
- Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy).
- Lightly grease muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; fill 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from pans; serve warm.