Banana Bread with Cream Cheese Spread
From the kitchen of Kath.
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup nuts, if desired
- ½ cup coconut, if desired
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add beaten eggs, salt, vanilla and tablespoon water in which soda has been dissolved.
- Add mashed bananas alternately with flour; mix well.
- Bake in greased loaf pan in 350 degree oven about 45 minutes.
- Recipe can be doubled. Freezes well.
Spread for Bread:
- 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Whip together.
- Spread on sliced banana bread.