From the kitchen of Migros Saffron Package.
For 4 people
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 onion
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 6-6.5 cups bouillon
- 1 envelope saffron
- grated parmesan
- Sauté the finely chopped onion in half the butter until golden.
- Add the rice and sauté until slightly golden.
- Add a little salt.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine and slightly reduce over medium to medium-high heat.
- While constantly stirring, add the bouillon a little at a time, approximately cup by cup, and allow the liquid to partially absorb before adding more.
- Cook the rice to al dente (or more, to taste) and leave a little liquid remaining. Risotto should be neither soupy nor dry.
- Stir in the saffron just before the risotto is done.
- Add the parmesan, to taste, and remaining butter.