Kale Gratin with Hazelnuts
From the kitchen of Tasting Hygee by Leela Cyd.
- 2 bunches dino Kale, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter plus more for greasing pan
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- pinch of salt
- zest from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup crushed hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Grease 10" oven proof skillet, 9" pie pan. Preheat oven to 375. Blanch kale in boiling water and remove to a strainer. Squeeze out excess water.
- In large skillet over medium, melt butter. Add flour and stir until toasty in color and smell. Add milk and whisk to combine. Stir in ¼ cup cheese, white wine, nutmeg, garlic, salt and lemon zest.
- Stir until cheese had been melted and combined. Toss kale in cheese sauce and evenly coat.
- Pour kale into greased pan. Top with breadcrumbs, cheese and hazelnuts. Drizzle the top with olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, broil for 30 seconds. Let cool and serve.