Jamaican Beans and Rice Dish
Not a bad rice side dish. But I used a lot more coconut milk. I don’t think that one cup is enough.
- 1 ¼ cups dry kidney beans
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 cup chopped green onions
- 1 hot red chile pepper, sliced
- 2 ¼ cups uncooked brown rice
- Combine beans and coconut milk in a large saucepan; cook for 2 hours on low heat.
- Stir in thyme, garlic, onions and 3 slices chile pepper; simmer for 7 minutes.
- Stir in rice and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.