From the kitchen of Kath.
You can also use ground turkey.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt (I would use less salt − maybe half)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves
- ½ diced bell pepper
- ½ diced medium Onion
- 12 corn tortillas
- In 2 quart sauce pan add ground beef, salt, chili powder, garlic, cumin, paprika, enough water to cover meat.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer over medium low heat about an hour.
- Add ½ medium chopped onion, ½ medium chopped bell pepper; continue cooking 20 or 30 more minutes.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the taco meat in center of each tortilla (prepared as you like).
- Fold tortilla over meat; or roll up like an enchilada.
- Garnish with tomato, lettuce, and cheese.
- Topped with sour cream and guacamole would be great.
- Rice and refried beans would complete the plate.
- Serving salsa on the side.