Menemen (Turkish Scrambled Eggs)
- 1 Onion
- 4 Tomatoes
- 4 Green hot peppers
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 8 Eggs
- 1 tsp Mild paprika powder
- Chop the onion finely.
- Cut a cross in the top of the tomatoes and put them in hot water. Remove the skins.
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Wash the peppers and cut them into very small rings.
- Heat the butter in a big skillet.
- Sautee the onion until soft, then add peppers and tomatoes and simmer until there isn’t so much liquid left.
- Beat the eggs with salt and pepper and paprika powder. Pour mixture over vegetables.
- Let the mixture cook, then fold it over on itself and keep spreading it until all the eggs are cooked.
Serve on nice fresh homemade or Turkish bread.
Be careful with the peppers. Peppers used here are the Turkish kind, a cross between paprika and hot peppers. Remove the seeds to make them less hot.