Green tomato and sausage pasta
From the kitchen of ?.
A great way to use up all those green tomatoes!
- 1 package your favorite whole wheat pasta
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- olive oil
- 1 lb of sausage ( we used artichoke garlic chicken sausage)
- 4 cups or more chopped green tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- large handful of fresh parsley, chopped coarsely
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to directions and keep warm.
Saute onions in a generous amount of olive oil.
Add the sausage (broken up) and brown it.
Add tomatoes and cook over med-high heat til they are soft about 8-10 minutes.
Add chopped garlic. Stir for one minutes
Add parsley, salt and pepper. Simmer for several more minutes.
Serve over pasta with parmesan cheese.