Orange Frosting Recipe
From the kitchen of Southern Food.
A sweet orange frosting; goes well with yellow cake. Makes enough to fill and frost a 2-layer cake, tube cake, or Bundt cake.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3¾ cups confectioners’ sugar (1 pound box)
- 4 to 5 tablespoons orange juice (approximately)
- 1½ teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- few grains salt
- Cream butter;
- Add sugar gradually, alternating with enough orange juice to make frosting the right consistency for spreading;
- Stir in orange peel and salt.