Peanut Butter CupCakes
From the kitchen of Amber.
Good source of fiber, protein and healthy fats. I know-just what you want to hear when you’re thinking ‘cupcakes’. But I swear, they really taste good!
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ creamy natural (no sugar, no added oils) peanut butter
- ½ cup salted butter
- ¾ cup agave syrup
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk ( I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- ~1/3 cup milk or enough to bring to spreadable consistency
- Heat over to 325.
- Whisk flour, almond meal and baking powder in medium bowl.
- In large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter. Add agave and mix for about 2 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Add the flour mixture in parts, alternating with milk.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour ¼ cup into muffin cups, I used heart shaped silicon cups.
- Bake 25-27 minutes until golden brown.
- Beat peanut butter and butter until smooth. Add sugar and cacao powder. Add milk to thin to spreadable consistency.